Friday, January 06, 2012

It's a Thankless Job, But...

Behold, my child's "family portrait":


Now, let's for a minute just so Husband and Ethan aren't missing feet. And that each have the appropriate number of fingers (instead of Husband having 4 on each hand and Ethan having between 6-7 per hand). AAAAnd, for argument's sake, let's ignore the fact that my child thinks he's African American (except, apparently for one of his arms.) And Husband is bald.

Um.

Where am I?

I'm aware that it's not all about me, but maybe, in a family portrait, I could make at least a passing appearance?

It is adorable & I love it & I'm so glad I took this picture because the teacher told me that she was going to have him "finish" the picture today---by which I mean she probably said to Ethan, "this is going to really bum your mom out; maybe you can find a way to put her into this picture today?" And Ethan told me this afternoon that he had, indeed, added an after-thought Mom to the family treasure. So the next time I see it, I'll be in there somewhere, which is good. But I'm so glad I snapped this shot of the portrait before he was encouraged to "finish" it. Not only is it adorable, but its going to make great guilt fodder someday....

3 comments:

Sue said...

Even Picasso had to start somewhere!

Becca said...

Oh no! Maybe you were holding the camera? ;)

Chiconky said...

Aren't they funny? I have one that Eli drew that was missing Sydney. I asked where she was and he said "Heaven." I've chosen to assume it was in a sweet and innocent, not super-creepy style. I also have one in the "guilt folder" where I'm about three times the size of anyone else :)