Friday, December 15, 2006

Ladies Man...

Have I talked about how much of a flirt my son is? Have I mentioned how he sticks his tongue out between smiling lips as he's looking at another baby, or another mom, or a daddy, or one of the cats? Have I described how his whole body jiggles with excitement when he makes someone else smile? And how as soon as he gets that smile, he turns and buries his head in my shoulder?

Have I mentioned that? Because it is too freaking cute. Last week, at the coffee shop, Ethan flirted endlessly with Lily. This week, he & Kate pulled on eachother's socks while Kate's mom and I talked over lattes. At yoga class, he smiles across the mats at Katherine until she's rolling over to him (okay, so the real lure might be the fact that Ethan has the same toy as Katherine and she's thinking he's taken it from her; but I like to think it's because he's totally irresistable) I swear, this boy is such a player.

It's cute now. It probably won't be too cute when he's 13 & the phone starts ringing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You read my mind about it being cute now and anxiety provoking later...so sorry we are missing all the excitement...

Anonymous said...

I can certainly testify to Ethan's flirtatiousness with Grandma and Grandpa. He is a doll. Uncle Larry asked the other day whether you had signed him up as a model yet!