Friday, April 11, 2008

What I've seen in LA....

1. A man walking a duck
2. A woman walking a pot-bellied pig
3. A prostitute walking Sunset Blvd @ 4:30 pm--bad choice. She could have benefited from a bit of evening mood lighting, if you know what I mean.
4. Finola Hughes (google her; you'll recognize her when you see her)
5. A LOT of evidence that 80's big hair is still alive and well.
6. Lance Bass (google him; 90's boy band, almost went into space w/ the Russians. yeah, that one).
7. A LOT of fake boobs
8. Eleventy billion donut shops. What is it with LA and donut shops?
9. A guy in Starbucks reading a script (okay, so husband saw this one, but I'm the one with the blog).
10. A million and ten Judy cars, Daddy cars, Mommy cars and Chloe cars; pointed out to me almost incessantly by the Judy-Daddy-Mommy-Chloe car spotter himself, Ethan.

9 comments:

Becca said...

YOU SAW JOEY AND CHANDLER AND THE DUCK? Lucky! And also, mmmm donuts.

KMW said...

hopefully the 80's hair allows you to know that you don't need to feel pressure to be cuber-style Hollywood mom in LA! Not that you probably don't already look fabulous, but I hope you get my meaning.

KMW said...

I meant "uber" not "cuber!"

Crystal said...

Repeat after me: stackable pets. Your life will not be complete until you've seen this in person. At least, that's what I tell myself! Let's take a road trip to Santa Barbara: two moms, two toddlers, a couple of hours in the car...what could go wrong??

Unknown said...

LA. We Love it !

(use a German accent, and then try to think of the 80's movie !)

Yes, your pencil is large and yellow.

Thinking smog-free thoughts for you. - Jim

Sarah said...

The donut thing totally confuses me. Because here? Where most people are really doughy, there is not a single donut shop (I mean there are bakeries that make donuts and pastries-- my god, it is America-- but no Dunkin Donuts, no Krispy Kreme), and there where people are thin? Donuts galore?

Mommytojacknjas said...

wow you should got autographs!!! :)

Alice said...

Wow! That's some list. Good luck with the move, and resist the call of the big hair.

Tress said...

Big hair is still happening out there? That place is whack. When you get through "the move", go look for a tall blonde guy named Orion and tell him I said hello. He's probably still handing out band flyers in front of the Troubadour.