Thursday, May 27, 2010

My first "You Capture"--Sky

Photobucket


For a long time, I've admired Beth's blog, I Should Be Folding Laundry, especially her Thursday photography staple, You Capture, where she inspires with a different subject each week and allows people to link to her blog with their results. This week, I have finally decided to join in.
The subject for the week was "sky."


I love to see the sky from the perspective of other living things--so I will scoot down to the level of whatever it is (in this case, my neighbor's gorgeous white roses--they look like clouds themselves) and then look up at the sky to see what they "see."


I am totally cheating with these two pictures because they are taken with the "hipstomatic" application from my iPhone. But I love them.


I know, ideally, the pictures for You Capture are supposed to come just the week of the assignment, but I couldn't resist a picture of the sky from our Maui trip to the top of Mt. Haleakala. I mean, please we are IN the sky. Those are clouds, BELOW the road.

This picture is 100% unedited (I have less than zero idea how to edit a picture except to take the red eye out in Snapfish--because I'm a wicked good photographer, y'all), but the darkening blue of the sky as the eye travels up the picture is gorgeous to me and makes me wish we could see just that much higher to wear it fades to black and stars. Being that high up (10k feet) is, quite literally breath-taking, and has views of the sky to match.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

WOW - I love your captures!
The roses are stunning and the one from atop the volcano is just so COOL!!!

(PS. I cheated a little this week too by pulling from the archives a bit!)

(PSS. I can't wait to see more of your pics - hope you join in more often!)

Corinne Cunningham said...

Those are awesome shots!
Beth's link up is so wonderful, but I never remember... doh... maybe next week :)

Anonymous said...

wow, the photo of the roses & clouds is amazing!
xo
kita