Friday, June 03, 2011

Gearing Up for the Ugly Cry...

You guys, Ethan graduates preschool next week. As a matter of fact, this time next week, he will be a preschool graduate. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a damn fool out of myself at his "move up" ceremony. How can I tell? Because as I type this in Starbucks, with a whole week to go before the actual date, I am totally dabbing my weepy eyes with their scratchy recycled napkins just after writing the first sentence of this post. Wuss, thy name is Sarah.

Seriously, when did he go from being this:


and this:

or even this:



and this:



to this??!!!



When you look at him, do you see any of the baby left? Sigh. I don't. When I look at him now, I can see more of what he will look like as a teenager than I do of what he did look like as a baby.

I know this is like the blog equivalent of the sit-com clip show cop-out, but really. Look at him!!!

A few days ago a friend & I were in a party supply store gathering decorations for the graduation party that will finish off the school year next Friday. We came across little "Oh, The Places You'll Go," by Dr. Seuss mortar boards. I may have cried right there in the party store. (translation: I most definitely 100% certainly did cry.) And my friend might have laughed at me (translation: see above, but switch "cry" to "laugh.") Whatever. Next week when her little one walks in with a flower and starts singing some song to us, she is going to do the ugly cry right along with me. It's all right, K, I'll bring the tissues.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I'm right there with you. I can't even imagine Charlie's first day of his last year of preschool in the fall. Just a minute, there's something in my eye.

gringa said...

oh the places he'll go...and lots of crying ahead. Enjoy it....:-)

Sarah said...

I think one of the reasons we built a house across form a school is because mah baby is in kindergarten, and I cannot let go. And now, at like 50 yards away from his classroom, I don't have to...

So, I am on your bus.