Sunday, May 20, 2007

Open Letter to 95% of strangers who have commented on how cute my little girl is....

Dear well-meaning but mind-numbingly stupid "oh how cute-rs" out there:

My child is a boy. Please take note of this the next time you approach me to tell me what an adorable little girl I have. Yes, I am sure. I have checked.

I know that long eye lashes tend to be a girl thing (at least after Maybelline has had their way with them), but truly, he's a boy.

And I'm fairly certain that POSSESSING a penis is more of an indication of gender than the length of one's lashes. I took 8th grade biology and I don't remember even one paragraph in my text book about boys and girls having different eye lashes, and nowhere in the whole super secret girls go to one room and boys go to another for the, "What's happening to my body?" film strips is there any mention of lashes. Therefore I feel supremely confident in my assertion that my child is, indeed, a boy.

And to the lady who actually tried to ARGUE with me about this inarguable fact ("Oh no!! She's too pretty to be a boy!!") : I invite you to change a diaper. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

So that's it. Lush lashes aside, my child is all boy! TYVM.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Who argues about that? Too funny. He is super cute, though. And thanks for the film strip reference-- I haven't though about those in years.

Alison said...

You are so funny! What a great entry!

Becci said...

you tell em!

Amy said...

Ah he looks nothing like a girl. People are asshats.

I am glad to see you back blogging. You always make me laugh. That's why they invented playpens -- just stick E in there so you can get your surfing time in. haha.

Andrea said...

Oh man, I am LMAO now! E does have very pretty eyelashes, but he looks like a boy through and through to me!