Thursday, November 02, 2006

Baby's First Halloween...sort of.


May this offering of the little peapod appease the blog-gods whom I have offended with my absence. :-)

Yes, Husband and I (okay, I) decided that since we called little E "pea pod" when he was in mah belly that he should be a "pea pod" for his first Halloween. You know, for old time's sake. Well, that and it's so freaking cute.

Halloween for us was actually just dressing Ethan up the day before Halloween and snapping about a hundred pictures. When the actual day arrived, we attempted to do the "dress up" again, and wound up with a very pissy pea pod. Please note exhibit A...

Clearly, Ethan was unaware of his own irresistable cuteness in this outfit, because he was having none of it. Also note the mellow and lovely leopard, Miss Chloe, chilling with Ethan as he melts the hell down. Trick or freaking treat, mom.

So after about a nano-second of that, we stripped him down out of his peapod-ness and he seemed content-ish again.

I guess the first Halloween isn't really for the kids, is it? I mean, without teeth, what's the point? And really, no one's handing out my breastmilk but me, so going door to door really isn't an issue yet. Maybe next year...

3 comments:

Becci said...

I missed you! Ethan was quite adorable in the peapod. My niece was having a meltdown in her pumpkin costume (she's 1 1/2). That's why I only got pics of Dorothy and Simon.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I've missed you too. Ethan is absolutely adorable as a peapod although I can see him at 10 saying Awww ma...you didn't do THAT to me did you??

Amy said...

OH MY GAWD! He is so freaking cute. Even the crying picture is cute!!!