I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was undertaking a "Happiness Project" a la Gretchen Rubin. And so far, even with life throwing us some pretty mean twists, I'd say that I feel a marked upswing in my level of happiness. I've been going to bed earlier, spending more time being active (a little game of outside hide-and-seek with Ethan this morning before leaving for school--time that would normally be spent drudging around, yawning and checking email), keeping a gratitude journal and just basically attempting to be more present in each moment.
One of the things I have decided to participate in is Half-Full Friday, started by Eyegirl over at Life as Eye See It. Looking back at my week and recounting a few of the things that made me happy or that could have been miserable, but have silver-linings. I am finding these days that life is very much about the silver linings.
This week's list:
* I am happy that Sarah asked me to join her new blog All Kinds of Pretty. I am no fashion maven, but I am hoping that facing my momfrump will force me to do something about it.
* I am happy that I started writing again over at No Escaping Cake. I hadn't for so long because the fertility drugs caused such ridiculous weight-gain, it made writing in a weight-loss blog seem utterly absurd. Silver-lining. No pregnancy means reclaiming my body. And that feels fabulous.
* I am happy I got back to the gym this week. Waking up with pleasantly sore muscles, instead of painfully tender ovaries, feels wonderful.
* I am happy I got to sit back and relax with two of my favorite women last night, drinking good wine and laughing.
* I am happy that nasty flu that hit me last week ran it's course quickly. As awful as it is to feel sick, it feels so great to feel healthy again. Would we really appreciate one without the other?