Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cervix-less Tuesday...

well, I'm assuming it's still there, but this is the first Tuesday since the day o' the cerclage that I haven't been to the doctors for a check on the great incompetent one...we are scheduled to go in for an ultrasound on the little man on Thursday, so I get a full 9 days in bed without the respite of those two hours of "free time"...ah well. At least I get to see him in all his glory on Thursday. And hopefully the cervix is maintaining a reasonable measurement and I won't have to stand on my head for the next eleven weeks.

So it's been brought to my attention that there may have been a freudian slip in my post from Friday--I mentioned that my parents were coming into town and apparently I said "to pain" rather than "to painT", which was my real intention. Ooops. Thanks for finding that slip, Dad. I was just testing you...

The parents DID come to town and did PAINT the bedroom with husband, so now I sit in a fabulously relaxing room, painted a lovely shade of green called "Rejuvenate"--so much better than the two layers of primer we had covering up a nasty burgandy/purple color left by the previous circus people, I mean, home owners.

This means that there are no pre-purchase paint colors left in our house. The sunburst yellow is gone from the diningroom, the powder blue is gone from the livingroom, there is no more flourescent green in our hallway and stairwell, and no tomato red in our bathroom...I can feel the house starting to relax. I sense its gratitude and am happy to oblige...

speaking of physical improvements, I am relieved to announce that the travesty of nature that was my eyebrows has been tamed somewhat, thanks to my mother bringing me a magnifying hand-held mirror; I was able to sit in bed and pluck, pluck, pluck away. So now I no longer look Albert Einstein-esque in the eyebrow region..

As for the little man, I have come to the conclusion that I am indeed already a soccer mom. The star player, in fact, the only player--my baby. The field--my uterus. He is bending it like Beckham in there on a daily basis at this point. Fortunately, each game only lasts a few minutes and then he needs a big old power nap for a couple of hours.

No comments: