Thursday, February 23, 2006

Random thoughts...

1. CHOCOLATE. I have to lay off the chocolate. A friend of mine brought me gourmet cupcakes earlier this week and I have been lusting after them all week...and by 'lusting', I mean eating them constantly. *Hanging head in shame* I even snuck 1/2 of one this morning for breakfast. That can't be good.

I don't know how chocolate finds its way into our house. We don't buy it. We don't ask for it (okay, I ask for it occassionally, usually in the form of cheesecake). As a general rule, it's never been a major part of our lives. But now...

I have to stop, though. This poor child, aside from all the sugar-induced bouncing he does in utero, is going to be sorely disappointed when he pops out in 14 weeks time and realizes that he is not the son of Willy Wonka. There's a joke in here somewhere about chocolate breast milk, but I'm on too much of a sugar rush to wait for it...

2. BELLY BUTTON. Exactly WHOSE belly button is this on my stomach? Because I'll tell you, it's not mine. I haven't seen mine in weeks--mine was nice and deep; I wouldn't say "sleek" looking, because nothing associated with my belly has ever been "sleek", but it was a clearly identifiable "innie". I don't know what's going on now. It is weird and round and the bottom of it is starting to bulge out. The scar below my belly button has decided to get in on the action and joined in all the growing and stretching...it's lovely, really. Maybe if I cut back on the chocolate, some of this stretching might abate.

3. TV. It sucks. The news sucks. Oprah sucks. Soap operas suck. Dr. Phil sucks. Commercials suck. I am even growing weary of the Olympics and you know how I was salivating for them to begin. I need more books, because i can't watch 12 more weeks of TV...I will lose every last functioning brain cell if I do...

4. BEING USELESS. Last weekend, friends came over to help husband tear down a couple of ridiculous built-in closets in our bedroom. Parents are coming this weekend to pain the bedroom. Three different people have done our dishes for us this week. And for all this activity, I was either in bed or on the couch, just listening to the sound of crashing pressboard or running water. Yes, I know, I'm growing a person. But still...
I guess the key is to focus on my gratitude rather than my own feelings of uselessness.

sigh--I've been in bed for 39 days...that's allota days...

No comments: