Friday, April 07, 2006

I Wanna Be Sedated...

Okay, so I am starting to think the next several weeks would be a lot happier for everyone involved if I could just be sedated between now and the delivery.

I don't know if it is that I'm in my 12th week of bedrest, or that I can only have one bite of chocolate within a 24 hour time span, or that my sciatic nerve is literally throbbing by 9pm every night, or that I get up every hour ON THE HOUR to pee at night, or what---but I have definitely turned a corner with my whole, "I love being pregnant" attitude.

I spent the first 2/3 of this pregnancy basking in the fact that I was pregnant. Through everything, I would still say, "it's so worth it; I love being pregnant even though I'm on bedrest, blah blah blah." And I meant it; I really did. And yes, I know now, even in my sour crankiness, that it IS worth it and I wouldn't trade it for the world. grrrrrrr....

I will only be pregnant for 7 more weeks. I am almost 31 weeks now and the doctors won't let my malfunctioning, incompetent body be pregnant for more than 38 weeks. A month or so ago, I would have lamented the ending of this phase, considering how much I loved being pregnant. Yes, I'm excited to meet the little man who has been the cause of so much lounging around and stress on my part, but considering this is very likely the only time I am going to embark on the pregnancy adventure in my life, the thought of it ending was sort of sad.

Now, however, I am calculating days and hours and crossing off dates on my calendar as I get past them. Yes, I have loved being pregnant, and I would do anything to ensure that he is healthy and safe, but now I want him OUT. Does that make me horrible? You know what, don't care if it does. Obviously, I"m not going in there to get him or anything. He can stay until my doctors, the uterine landlords, decide it is time to evict him. But I'm not making any more repairs on the place between now and then! And this kid is so NOT getting his security deposit back...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This definitely sounds like third trimester...you are really getting there. Hang on...it really is almost over :-)

Amy said...

I am one of the only people who can truly say to you "I know how you feel" so I am qualified to tell you, it only gets worse as you get closer!

Once you get to 35 weeks, you will start thinking "Hmmm, what if I just walk around the block a few times? Or didn't lie on my left side and drink water when I feel contractions?"

I am so excited you are at 31 weeks! You are in the homestretch now.

And what -- you don't wanna go through all this fun again? Come one, where is your sense of adventure? HA.