Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I will never have a cooking blog...

Lest you worry that now with the weight-loss blog and the reading blog that I might be spreading myself a bit thin (and if you are worrying about that, let me recommend a hobby, mkay?), I assure that if nothing else, I will never, ever start a cooking blog.

I just can't cook. Can't. Can't. Can't.

I try. Really, I do. But sadly, I generally come up with something that looks nothing like the picture in the cookbook and tastes only vaguely like food.

I have been *cooking* at least 3-4 nights a week since the new kitchen was finished and I have to admit, even though the end result could rarely be rated any higher than "edible", I do love the process of preparing a meal. I just wish the intention behind it translated to the finished product.

Husband insists that it's because I attempt fancy dishes on a Tuesday, when really Tuesday should be, I don't know, meatloaf. Nevermind the fact that I have no idea how to make a meatloaf, why shouldn't I try to make a paella? Without a recipe? In 20 minutes?

Oh dear god, it's so embarrassing.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Here's you a meat loaf recipe, Sarah.

1 lb ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg
3/4 cup oatmeal (not instant)
1 cup tomato juice
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients until well combined (ya gotta use your hands for this, sorry!) Put in loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

This is THE best meat loaf ever. I make scalloped potatoes and a fresh veggie with it.

Sarah said...

I have an even easier meatloaf recipe-- it's on the back of the Lipton onion soup mix box.

even I can't eff it up

(and I recently destroyed a lasagna-ish casserole, two batches of oatmeal chip cookies and -- this is the real kicker-- a loaf of FROZEN garlic bread AT THE SAME TIME. Also the broccoli I was steaming to go with that mess got all floppy and pale.)